Who we are
Our website address is: https://carkedit.com
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our Carked It store and when you visit our website.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Our distribution team uses your information in order to send your order to you. Our marketing team can access your email address to send updates and any marketing you’ve subscribed.
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example shipping companies, payment gateways and online commerce providers. We also use analytics for marketing purposes so information such as time spent on our site, items purchased and location as noted above.
We accept payments through Woocommerce Payments which is built in partnership with Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe and Gelato (our online store partner), including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.